Preventive measures in school-age children with gastoroenterological pathology
Keywords:виразкова хвороба дванадцятипалої кишки в дітей, первинна профілактика, лікар загальної практики — сімейний лікар
Background. The prevalence of peptic ulcer is 1.7–16 % in the structure of the digestive pathology. The prevalence of peptic ulcer among the children in Ukraine is 0.4–4.3 %. The peak time of morbidity is 9–11 years of age for girls and 12–14 years for boys. A hereditary predisposition for peptic ulcer occurs in 45–75 % of patients. The purpose of the study is to determine the need to implement a reduced morbidity strategy, taking into account the occurrence of risk factors and adverse course of duodenal ulcer in children. Materials and methods. The methods of systemic analysis, comparison, organizational experiment, mathematical and descriptive modeling were used to develop a targeted program for the prevention of duodenal ulcer disease in school-age children at the primary health care level. Results. The study investigated the main risk factors for duodenal ulcer in school-age children, namely: sex, age, blood type, Helicobacter pylori presence; concomitant pathology; psychoemotional disorders; inefficient nutrition with a regime violation; burdened heredity; tobacco smoking; self-treatment, etc. The innovative elements of improved primary prevention of duodenal ulcer in school-age children, first of all, were: the involvement of general practitioners — family doctors to timely identify risk factors and adverse course of the disease (in particular, diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori). General practitioners — family doctors involvement acquires special significance in the surveillance system of the population with risk factors. Stratification is carried out to the groups of dynamic monitoring of the risks system and their monitoring, that is, the expansion and improvement of prevention tasks is envisaged, and modern trends in the systemic approach for preventing duodenal ulcer and its negative consequences are provided. Development, improvement and compliance with local protocols for managing school-age children with a duodenal ulcer are important at all levels. At the same time, the special attention is paid to the set of primary prevention measures, including a wide range of medical and social influence at the population level. Conclusions. The conceptually proposed model for the prevention of duodenal ulcer in school-age children is focused, first of all, on the practice of a general practitioner — family doctor, in close cooperation with gastroenterologist, primary care physician on the principles of family medicine, provides a comprehensive, holistic, continuous and accessible medical care for children, and includes the priority of preventive principles and coordination of efforts of all the concerned parties in the health care system.
Campbell M.S. The Experience of Pay for Performance in English Family Practice: A Qualitative Study / M.S. Campbell, R. McDonald, H. Lester // Ann. Fam. Med. — 2008. — № 3. — Р. 228-234.
Preventive Services Delivery in Patients With Chronic Illnesses: Parallel Opportunities Rather Than Competing Obligations / S.M. Ornstein, R.G. Jenkins, C.B. Litvin et al. // Ann. Fam. Med. — 2013. — № 11(4). — Р. 344-349.
Walker A.E. Many chronic diseases and quality of life: Models that come from a large national sample / Walker A.E. — Australia, 2007. — 31 p.
The Portuguese National Programme for the Promotion of Healthy Eating: 2012–2015 / P. Graça et al. // Public Health Panorama. — 2016. — Vol. 2, № 2. — P. 184-195.
Марчук Н.В. Обґрунтування та розробка системи організації профілактичної діяльності закладів загальної практики/сімейної медицини: Дис... канд. мед. наук.: 14.02.03 / Н.В. Марчук; Національний медичний університет імені О.О. Богомольця. — Київ, 2007. — 163 с.
Москаленко В.Ф. Профілактична медицина — проблеми та перспективи розвитку / В.Ф. Москаленко, О.П. Яворівський, І.О. Парпалей // Науковий вісник Національного медичного університету імені О.О. Богомольця. — 2014. — № 1–2. — С. 69-73.
Кізлова Н.М. Медико-соціальне обґрунтування удосконалення моделі профілактики виразкової хвороби шлунку та дванадцятипалої кишки: Дис... канд. мед. наук: 14.02.03 / Н.М. Кізлова; Вінницький національний медичний університет імені М.І. Пирогова. — Вінниця, 2017. — 185 с.
Шекера О.Г. Обгрунтування системи медичного забезпечення Збройних сил України в умовах впливу соціально-економічних та медико-демографічних чинників: Дис... д-ра мед. наук: 14.02.03 / О.Г. Шекера; Національний медичний університет імені О.О. Богомольця. — Київ, 2010. — 555 с.
Copyright (c) 2018 Health of Society
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.