Incidence and degree of respiratory disorders in patients with arterial hypertension depending of smoking duration
Keywords:тютюнопаління, показники спірометрії, артеріальна гіпертензія
AbstractBackground. Prolonged tobacco smoking often leads to the development of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and cardiovascular diseases. The purpose of this work was to determine the incidence and degree of respiratory disorders in patients with arterial hypertension depending on the duration of smoking. Materials and methods. The study included 80 patients with established diagnosis of degree I–III arterial hypertension without a history of obstructive pulmonary disease. The control group consisted of patients with hypertension who never smoked (n = 52), the main group was represented by patients who smoked in the past or are currently smoking (n = 28). Collection of anamnestic data and complaints, anthropometric data analysis, smoking index, office and home monitoring data, lung ventilation results was performed in all patients. Results. According to the obtained results, the patients with arterial hypertension and smoking history ≥ 10 pack-years were significantly more likely to have breathing dysfunction (11.3 %; p < 0.05) than patients who do not smoke (only 3.8 %). The analysis of correlation revealed statistically significant inverse relationship between smoking history ≥ 10 pack-years and increased ratio of forced expiratory volume in one second to forced vital capacity: in men — r = 0.8052 (p < 0.01), in females — r = — 0.69154 (p < 0.01). Conclusions. Thus, for the timely detection of concomitant pathology and the prescription of adequate therapies, at the stage of primary care it can be proposed to perform measurements of respiratory function in all smoker patients with arterial hypertension and history of smoking of more than 10 pack-years.
Фещенко Ю.І. Проблема ХОЗЛ у світі і Україні: що є каменем спотикання на шляху до її вирішення / Ю.І. Фещенко // Здоров’я України. — 2011. — № 21(274). — С. 28-29.
Мостовой Ю.М. Проблема коморбідних станів у Національній угоді з діагностики та лікування хронічного обструктивного захворювання легень із позиції власного досвіду. Обговорення Наказу № 555 / Ю.М. Мостовой, Л.В. Распутіна // Буковинський медичний вісник. — 2014. — Т. 18, № 3. — С. 221-226.
Sin D.D., Man S.F.P. Why are patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease at increased risk of cardiovascular diseases? The potential role of systemic inflammation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease // Circulation. — 2003. — 107. — Р. 1514-1519.
Anthonisen N.R., Connett J.E., Enright P.L., Manfreda J. Lung Health Study Research Group. Hospitalizations and mortality in the Lung Health Study // Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. — 2002. — 166. — Р. 333-9.
Наказ МОЗ України № 555 від 27.06.2013 р. «Про затвердження та впровадження медико-технологічних документів зі стандартизації медичної допомоги при хронічному обструктивному захворюванні легень». — Київ, 2013. — 146 с.
Copyright (c) 2018 Health of Society
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.