Peculiarities of personality relations and patients’ with consequences of ischemic stroke attitude toward disease
Keywords:transmitted stroke, attitude to illness, LOBI-test, social disadaptation, quality of life
Background. Ischemic stroke and its physical and psychological consequences for the patient are the main socio-medical problems of neurology. Determining the type of attitude toward disease will provide an opportunity to assess the psychophysical state of the patient, help him in choosing the right treatment and identify the vectors for recovery in order to return a person to social and physical activity in society. The purpose of the study was to diagnose the types of attitudes toward the disease and other personal relationships associated with it in patients with the consequences of transient ischemic stroke and in patients with chronic cerebral ischemia. Results. In the group of patients with the effects of transient ischemic stroke the following types of personality relationships and relation to the disease were observed: the harmonic type of relationship (0%), the neurasthenic type of relationship was found at 23%, an alarming type of relation – at 26% of the respondents, the egocentric type – at 10 %, hypochondria-type – at 18%, sensitized type – at 9%, apatitic type –at 8% of patients, an anozotics type – at 4% of patients, paranoid (1%) and obsessive-phobic (1%) type related to illness and personal relationship was observed only in patients of male with the effects ischemic stroke. Distribution of types of attitudes toward the disease in the control group of patients suffering from chronic cerebral ischemia was as follows. A harmonic type of relation was observed at 35% of patients, the neurasthenic type – at 20%, the sensitivity type – at 10%, the egocentric type – at 5%, the hypochondria ratio – at 5%, the anosomalous type and mixed type, an anesthetic + neurasthenic was detected at 10% of patients respectively; anxiety type was detected at 10% of patients with HIM, mixed anxiety + neurasthenic type ratio, found at 5% of patients. Conclusions. It is stated that in a group of patients with the consequences of transmitted ischemic stroke, there was not found any harmonic type of relation to the illness and other personal relationships. In the group of patients with chronic cerebral ischemia, the distribution of the types of relation to the disease occurs with a predominance of harmonic and neurasthenic type. The use of mood stabilizers such as carbamazepine, lamotrigine, sodium valproate, antidepressant drugs (tricyclic and SIZZS) will adjust the types of attitudes to the disease and personality relationships, and require additional analysis.
Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics—2018 Update: A Report From the American Heart Association https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000558
Мищенко Т. С. Эпидемиология цереброваскулярных заболеваний и организация помощи больным с мозговым инсультом в Украине / Т. С. Мищенко // Український вісник психоневрології. - 2017. - Т. 25, вип. 1. - С. 22-24. - Режим доступу: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Uvp_2017_25_1_5
Зінченко О. М., Міщенко Т. С. Стан неврологічної служби в Україні в 2015 році. – Харків, 2016. - 23 с.
Global and regional burden of stroke during 1990-2010: findings from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010 / [V. L. Feigin, М. Н. Forouzanfar, R. Krishnamurthi et al.] // Lancet. – 2014. - Vol. 383, N 9913. P. 245—254.
Психологическая диагностика отношения к болезни. Пособие для врачей. СПб НИПНИ им. Бехетерева, Санкт-Петербург, 2005 г.
Методики психологической диагностики больных с эндогенными расстройствами. Усовершенствованная медицинская технология. СПб НИПНИ им. Бехетерева, Санкт-Петербург, 2007 г.
Sozontov, A. E. (2006). Gedonisticheskiy i evdemonisticheskiy podhodyi k probleme psihologicheskogo blagopoluchiya. // Voprosyi psihologii, 4, 105–114.
Copyright (c) 2019 Health of Society
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.