The level of circulating immune complexes and phagocytic activity of monocytes in patients with a seasonal allergic rhinitis, which occurs together with a chronic stoneless cholecystitis
Keywords:seasonal allergic rhinitis, chronic stoneless cholecystitis, circulating immune complexes, transfer factor immunomodulator
Background. In patients with a seasonal allergic rhinitis (SAR), quantitative and functional immunological disorders are observed, an increase in the number of indicators that characterize the chronic phase of the inflammatory response. A SAR in 50 % of cases occurs together with a chronic stoneless cholecystitis (CSC), which is a comorbid state, which significantly complicates the pathological process. To date, convincing evidence has been obtained of violations of immunological deficiency in a CSC, which are manifested mainly by a phagocytic dysfunction and an increase in circulating immune complexes (CIC). The purpose was to study the level of circulating immune complexes and a phagocytic activity of monocytes in patients with a seasonal allergic rhinitis, which occurs together with a chronic stoneless cholecystitis. Materials and methods. We observed 68 patients with a SAR on the background of a CSC, in whom the number of low molecular weight, medium molecular weight and high molecular weight circulating immune complexes was determined, including 38 men and 30 women, aged 20 to 60 years - the main group (group 1) and 68 patients, among them 35 men and 33 women, aged 20 to 60 years - the control group that was immunomodulated with the drug "Immodin" - a transfer factor with immunomodulating effect (hereinafter - TFI) on the background of a basic therapy. An indication for the use of a TFI is an immunodeficiency state with impaired cellular immunity in adults and children from the age of 6 months. An one dose of TFI contains the amount of an active substance, which is contained in 200 million donor’s white blood cells. The dose is set based on the results of a previous state of a patient immunity. Results. After the completion of a treatment in the main group of patients with a SAR in the clinical plan, the use of the TFI improved both subjective and objective symptoms among the examined patients, which was generally characterized by the elimination or reduction of the severity of asthenic or astheno-neurotic symptoms, as well as signs of an exacerbation of the chronic inflammatory process in the liver. Based on our data, we can consider pathogenetically substantiated and clinically promising the inclusion of a modern immunoactive drug TFI in the treatment complex for patients with ATS a SAR together with a CSC. Conclusions. The inclusion of the modern immunoactive drug TFI in the treatment complex contributes to the positive dynamics of phagocytosis and CIC.
Біловол О. М. Клінічна імунологія та алергологія: навчальний посібник медичних ВНЗ ІV рівня акредитації та медичних факультетів університетів. (За редакцією: член-кореспондента НАМНУ, д.м.н., професора О.М. Біловола, д.м.н., професора П. Г. Кравчуна, д.м.н., професора В.Д. Бабаджана. д.м.н., професора Л.В. Кузнецової) / О.М. Біловол, П. Г. Кравчун, В. Д. Бабаджан, Л. В. Кузнецова [та ін.]. - Харків «Гриф», 2011. – 49 с.
Вороненко Ю. В. Алергологія / Ю. В. Вороненко, Б.М. Пухлик, А. М. Пілецький [та ін.]. (Підручник під редакцією д.м.н., проф. Л. В. Кузнецової. Рекомендовано Міністерством освіти та науки України). – Київ, 2008. – 365 с.
Клінічна та лабораторна імунологія. (Національний підручник: за загальною редакцією д.м.н. Л. В. Кузнецової, д.м.н. В. Д. Бабаджана, д.м.н. В. М. Фролова. – Рекомендовано Міністерством освіти та науки України). – Київ, 2012. – 914 с.
Кузнецова Л. В. Імунологія: національний підручник (за загальною редакцією д.м.н., професора Л.В. Кузнецової, д.м.н., професора В.Д. Бабаджана, член-кореспондента НАМН України, професора Н.В. Харченко) / Л. В. Кузнецова, В. Д. Бабаджан, Н. В. Харченко [та ін.]. – ТОВ «Меркьюрі-Поділля», 2013. – 564 с.
Copyright (c) 2020 Health of Society
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.