Determination of frequency dispensary examinations of young people with subclinical hypothyroidism by using of a formalized model
Keywords:mathematical modeling, diseases of the endocrine system, young people, medical examination, family doctor
Background. Today, there are practical recommendations for the frequency of in-depth medical (dispensary) examinations of patients with pathology of the thyroid gland (TG), in particular subclinical hypothyroidism (hereinafter - SCH). Such recommendations do not allow to quantify the effect of periodicity on the effectiveness of in-depth medical examinations. The article substantiates the periodicity of dispensary examinations using mathematical modeling methods. Endocrinology patients are among those patients who must have in-depth medical examinations. Today, there are some practical recommendations for the frequency of in-depth medical examinations, based on clinical considerations. At the same time, such recommendations do not allow to quantify the impact of periodicity on the effectiveness of in-depth medical examinations. The purpose was substantiation of the frequency of in-depth medical examinations to ensure the maximum possible working capacity of young people with SCH, taking into account the characteristics of the health care system, the frequency of requests for medical care, duration of treatment and more. Materials and methods. The method of mathematical modeling and the method of system and process analysis were used. Results. According to the research program, modern mathematical models that can be used to describe the real system of health care are studied and analyzed. In consideration of the peculiarities of the dispensary system of medical care (its formalized modeling) for young people with SCH, the following main considerations are taken into account: 1) health care is carried out in the form of mandatory in-depth medical examinations after some time along with the possibility of patients independently seeking medical care at any time between in-depth medical examinations; 2) patients in the interval between in-depth medical examinations do not always seek health care for various reasons; 3) there are a number of erroneous requests for medical care from patients who do not need it; 4) one of the main factors that determines the amount of both treatment and in-depth medical examinations is the patients’ incidence rate; 5) it is important to determine the frequency of in-depth medical examinations is the average interval between the patients’ diseases; 6) the real level of quality of medical diagnostics, namely - the timeliness and accuracy of diagnosis in the Centers of primary health care (family medicine clinics), as well as in the hospital; 7) the time spent on restoring the patients' working capacity, as well as on examinations when the patients applying for medical care and during in-depth medical examinations; 8) most of these indicators are random. The article proposes a formalized model of patient care and shows different options for the trajectory of the random process for the model. Conclusions. The obtained results enable general practitioners - family physicians to optimize the organization of medical care for endocrinological patients by predicting the level of efficiency of both one patient and a group of patients.
Шекера О. Г. Перспективи збереження та укріплення здоров’я військовослужбовців ЗС України / О. Г. Шекера, П. М. Яблонський // Вісник соціальної гігієни та організації охорони здоров’я України. – 2008. – № 3. – С. 31–38.
Шекера О. Г. Обґрунтування системи медичного забезпечення Збройних Сил України в умовах впливу соціальноекономічних та медикодемографічних чинників. – Рукопис. Дисертація на здобуття наукового ступеня доктора медичних наук за спеціальністю 14.02.03 – соціальна медицина. – Національний медичний університет імені О. О. Богомольця. – Київ. – 2009. – 555 с.
Шекера О. Г. Формалізована модель функціонування системи медичного обслуговування населення / О. Г. Шекера, П. М. Яблонський, О. О. Шекера, Д. В. Мельник, Х. М. Кухарчук, М. С. Панасенко // Здоров’я суспільства. – 2016. – № 3–4. – С. 130–131.
Шекера О. Г. Визначення періодичності проведення диспансерних оглядів дітей шкільного віку з виразковою хворобою дванадцятипалої кишки за допомогою формалізованої моделі / О. Г. Шекера, П. М. Яблонський, О. О. Шекера, Д. В. Мельник // Сімейна медицина. – 2017. – № 2 (70). – С. 12–16.
Copyright (c) 2020 Health of Society
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.