Medical and social features of covid-19 in ukraine
Keywords:COVID-19, clinical features, diagnosis, treatment, immunity, social significance of the pandemic
Background. The COVID-19 pandemic, caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, was announced by the World Health Organization on March 11, 2020 and identified as having a significant negative impact on the functioning of health systems and the economic development of countries. To date, we know the impact of the pandemic on the decrease in the availability of medical care, difficulties with the annual monitoring and screening of socially significant diseases. But we will be able to fully assess the medical, clinical and psychosocial consequences of the pandemic, which are just beginning to manifest themselves, only in the coming years. The purpose was to study and analyze the features of clinical manifestations, diagnosis, treatment, immunity and social significance of the COVID-19 pandemic in Ukraine. Materials methods. The available current normative and literary sources were investigated. Methods: bibliosemantic - for studying the lokal and world science and information space on the problem under study; a systematic approach and analysis - for a comprehensive study of an object, a subject in a systemic relationship, for analyzing problematic issues, ways to solve them. Results. The medical feature of COVID-19 in Ukraine is the two-stage course of the disease 1-10 days - active replication of the virus; 8-14 days or longer - immune dysfunction (eg, respiratory problems, other serious conditions). Often recorded injury of the lungs in the form of pneumonitis, although it is mainly the disease of mild or moderate severity. Diagnostic is based on the detection of the RNA of the virus using PCR or immunoglobulins by ELISA. Treatment is mostly symptomatic. The social significance of the COVID-19 pandemic was reflected in the increase in patients with mental disorders, victims of domestic violence, deterioration in the health of the population due to the limited availability of many types of medical services, increased workload and housework, decreased income and a deterioration in the quality of life. Conclusions. The COVID-19 pandemic over the year of its existence has caused changes in many spheres of life of the world's population, and Ukraine is not an exception. Disease COVID-19 has nonspecific symptoms, can proceed under the mask of many pathological conditions. especially in the presence of comorbid diseases. The pathogenetic features of the course of COVID-19 are poorly understood, which limits the possibilities of effective etiopathogenetic therapy. The virus constantly mutates and leaves an unstable and short-lived immunity, which explains its diversity of the clinical symproms in different populations. In addition to a direct increase in morbidity and mortality due to COVID-19, the virus can affect the psychoemotional state of people, reduce income and deterioration in nutrition, especially among the most vulnerable segments of the population, which requires taking these aspects into account when making decisions at the legislative level with an emphasis on addressing gender and social inequality.
Аналитическая записка ООН: COVID-19 и всеобщий охват услугами здравоохранения: октябрь 2020 года. – 2020. – https://www.un.org/sites/ un2.unorg/files/sg_policy_brief_on_universal_health_coverage_ru.pdf.
Актуально про COVID-19. – https://moz.gov.ua/koronavirus-2019-ncov.
Протокол «Надання медичної допомоги для лікування коронавірусної хвороби (COVID-19)». Наказ МОЗ України від 02 квітня 2020 року № 762 (в редакції наказу МОЗ України від «31» грудня 2020 року №3094). – https://www.dec.gov.ua/mtd/koronavirusna-hvoroba-2019-covid-19/.
Клінічна настанова «Клінічне ведення пацієнтів з COVID-19». – https://www.dec.gov.ua/mtd/koronavirusna-hvoroba-2019-covid-19/.
Коронавірусна інфекція 2019 року (COVID-19). – BMJ. – 2020. – https://bestpractice.bmj.com/topics/uk-ua/3000168/aetiology.
Газета «Ваше здоров’я». - Олег Шекера: Недофінансування медицини «на переправі» реформ призведе до катастрофи. 08/12/2020.
Газета «Ваше здоров’я». - Чому первинна ланка не стала форпостом у боротьбі з пандемією? 10/11/2020
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.